New rat cage help

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Animalmadfliss

New rat cage help

Post by Animalmadfliss » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi guys,

Kept rats for quite a long time but I have recently acquired three gorgeous boys after a long gap.
I have been keeping them in the top half of my John Hopewell cage with my chinchilla Ozzy in the bottom half. Oz was sadly put to sleep yesterday and I have decided to get a new cage for my rats.
So been outta the rat keeping game for a few years, suggestions please for a medium large sized cage for 3 bucks.
Priorities are safety and something that will look nice and easily to keep clean. Thanks x

[cub]

Re: New rat cage help

Post by [cub] » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 pm

What kind of size/budget constraints are you under? There's lots of good options at various price points and sizes.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn, Din, and Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix) the big dope, Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:27 am

At one extreme I would suggest an SRS 95 - fully opening at the front so really easy to clean. If that's too big for your space/budget, then a single critter nation is the equivalent of half an SRS.

If budget restriction mean a CN is out of the question, then you could get a coco 100 for a fraction of the cost (around £55) even though it's much the same size.

I think with boys it's worth having a nice big floor space, so those would be my recommendations for a group of 3 - 5.

Animalmadfliss

Post by Animalmadfliss » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the ideas and I will have a good look. I’m actually looking at the ferplast furet tower. It looks pretty decent for 3 rats.

Return to “Habitat”