Is my girl underweight?

Discussions relating to weight, fitness, hygiene needs and such like.
NellyNoodle

Re: Is my girl underweight?

Post by NellyNoodle » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:44 pm

I would say she looks absolutely fine, and even if she didn't, whipped cream and complan aren't really the way to go about putting weight on a rat unless they're at death's door and refusing to eat anything else as it won't help increase lean muscle mass.

squeakrat

Post by squeakrat » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

I took in two rescues in January who were both about the same weight as your girl. Lyra was actually underweight but Jasmine was just generally small and skinny. Since then, both of them have filled out a bit, but Lyra still feels skinny and gives the impression that she needs feeding up a bit! However she's obviously stabilised at that weight, so I don't worry about her. I think rescues will often tend to be small and slim, especially if they've had a bad start to life.
Jenny x
:girly: Meg, Scout :dumbogirly: Daisy
:rattyrainbow: Lola, Ruby, Chick, Hope, Pocket, Belle, Dory, Silvermist, Poppy, Tarka, Jasmine, Flora, Penny, Lyra, Cassandra, Luna, Wren, Merryweather, Harper, Izzy, Tigger, Squeak, Bandit, Vandal :rattyrainbow:

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:27 pm

Well the next time we weighed the girls, Marshmallow was 265 and now she's up to 279.The vet had prescribed ointment for her eye but it didn't help so we put it down to an ingrowing eyelash. However a couple of weeks ago we changed ABs (not thinking about the eye) and now her eye looks completely normal and healthy so it must have been an infection after all. So glad for her, must be a relief!

Return to “Physique”