Feeding Advice

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
NewbieRatOwner

Feeding Advice

Post by NewbieRatOwner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:23 am

Hi

We’ve just got our first rats and want to ensure they are getting the best diet and understand what they can and can’t eat fruit/veg/treat wise, we’ve been reading up but lots of conflicting information

Thank you :)

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Feeding Advice

Post by cyber ratty » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm

We have an article listing safe fruit and veg here, although keep fruit to a minimum as it is high in sugar.

If you want to buy something ready made for their main diet, I recommend Rat Rations #11. Don't use a bowl for their dry mix, measure out about 15g per rat per day and scatter it over the loose substrate on the bottom of the cage. :luck:

NewbieRatOwner

Post by NewbieRatOwner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Thank you cyber ratty I’ll have a look at the links

Rat rations looks good! Thank you

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Rat Rations is an excellent place to spend all your money. :oops: :lol: They also sell substrate, which helps make the most of the delivery charge. Don't forget to get suitable vitamin supplementation with your food, since they don't pre-add it to their mixes like commercial mixes do. I personally recommend DailyRat3; you can give a few doses' worth at a time, a couple of times a week, sprinkled onto moist food, to save time.
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

Return to “Feeding”