Name this cage please

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Buzzwizz619

Name this cage please

Post by Buzzwizz619 » Mon May 02, 2016 5:58 pm

Does anyone know what cage this is? (the silver one) ive looked through every cage website i can find and i cant figure out what it is. It does have a middle level and some small shelves but the shelves are basically a flat piece of metal and arent very big or sercure so i dont use them.

Id like to know because im looking for another one for a vertical extension!

Thanks

Amy

Rhian33
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Name this cage please

Post by Rhian33 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:11 pm

In the US they are known as feisty ferret cages http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/pro ... atid=17371. In the UK I haven't seen it called anything. They're not significantly larger than freddy 2 max cages and are flimsy and rust quicker than explorers / srs's
Angharad, Barb, Bella, Carys, Demerara, Ida, Nancy, Sasha, Sinead, Siobhan, Spice, Sugar, Veronica :smileyrat:
53 gone but not forgotten :rainbow:

Buzzwizz619

Re: Name this cage please

Post by Buzzwizz619 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks yeah its not a great quality cage but i got it second hand for £30 and its worked well as an extension for the adventura :) The main thing i like about it though is that removing the middle level doesnt impact the structure of the cage and it has a door at the top which means vertical expansion can be done without having to do any irreversable DIY to the cage.

Id like to add a 3rd part into the top of the adventura but removing the top panel would weaken the structure and i dont want to cut the bars because im sure one day ill want a regular sized cage again! :p

Return to “Habitat”