Giant rope for cheaps

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
acapae_wolf

Giant rope for cheaps

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:06 am

B&M Bargains currently have really big ropes for only £3.99 (previously they've been £4.99, and elsewhere similar are usually around a tenner). Having such a large diameter they're going to be pretty easy for all but the least agile rats, but you can make ropes harder by having them more saggy/ less taught, and it's still lovely variation in enrichment :)

Sian said I didn't need one (which is probably true!) but she did pose for this photo to show the size.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

ElizabethW

Re: Giant rope for cheaps

Post by ElizabethW » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:12 am

Wow, I've never seen them that big; I think we'll be bagging a couple tomorrow (especially when the rope bridges in P@H are not much different, and cost £11 :shock: )
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

Maidenhair Moxie

Post by Maidenhair Moxie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Ooh that looks fab and a great price, shame i dont have a b&m anywhere near me afaik
Maidenhair Rattery - Breeding for health & Longevity on the south coast with agouti & black, hairless & smooth, marked varieties.

Love Hairless Rats ?

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Maidenhair Moxie wrote:Ooh that looks fab and a great price, shame i dont have a b&m anywhere near me afaik
I'd check that because they're opening loads of new ones at the minute; the one near me only opened last summer.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Wilcox_87

Post by Wilcox_87 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks Beri! I went to B&M specifically to get one of these yesterday after seeing this post a few days ago. I was in luck, they had three left in my store. Now just need to figure out how I am going to attach it to the cage, I am thinking it will be a plastic tie jobby :D
Rose with Klaus and Damon

Sleep well beautiful girls Pip and Loki, my gorgeous boys Moley Frank Sammy and Dean :rattyrainbow:
Run free my beautiful boy Beans. You were the best cat in the World and were ripped away from us far too soon. If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever :hearts:

AndreaLucy

Post by AndreaLucy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Great find!!! Have bought 2 already and they are easily zip tied to the bars of the cage.

Return to “Habitat”