Giant rope for cheaps

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
acapae_wolf

Giant rope for cheaps

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:06 am

B&M Bargains currently have really big ropes for only £3.99 (previously they've been £4.99, and elsewhere similar are usually around a tenner). Having such a large diameter they're going to be pretty easy for all but the least agile rats, but you can make ropes harder by having them more saggy/ less taught, and it's still lovely variation in enrichment :)

Sian said I didn't need one (which is probably true!) but she did pose for this photo to show the size.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

ElizabethW

Re: Giant rope for cheaps

Post by ElizabethW » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:12 am

Wow, I've never seen them that big; I think we'll be bagging a couple tomorrow (especially when the rope bridges in P@H are not much different, and cost £11 :shock: )
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

Maidenhair Moxie

Post by Maidenhair Moxie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Ooh that looks fab and a great price, shame i dont have a b&m anywhere near me afaik
Maidenhair Rattery - Breeding for health & Longevity on the south coast with agouti & black, hairless & smooth, marked varieties.

Love Hairless Rats ?

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Maidenhair Moxie wrote:Ooh that looks fab and a great price, shame i dont have a b&m anywhere near me afaik
I'd check that because they're opening loads of new ones at the minute; the one near me only opened last summer.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Wilcox_87

Post by Wilcox_87 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks Beri! I went to B&M specifically to get one of these yesterday after seeing this post a few days ago. I was in luck, they had three left in my store. Now just need to figure out how I am going to attach it to the cage, I am thinking it will be a plastic tie jobby :D
Rose with Rescue boys Frank, Dean and Sammy
The rat-friendly cat Beans and the Russian (vertically challenged) hamster Horatio Hamblower
Sleep well my beautiful girls Pip and Loki :girly: :rattyrainbow: :hearts:
Wildie baby boy: Moley :baby: :rattyrainbow: :hearts: You are always in my heart little one

AndreaLucy

Post by AndreaLucy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Great find!!! Have bought 2 already and they are easily zip tied to the bars of the cage.

Return to “Habitat”