HLD legs and flooring for free range

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
ElizabethW

HLD legs and flooring for free range

Post by ElizabethW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:50 am

I don't know if this is a daft question, but I'll ask because it's concerning me :oops:

I posted recently about Humphrey, our 27 month old buck whose back legs are weakening. He can still move them (albeit weakly) but he's shuffling his feet along the floor now instead of picking them up.

We're giving him an hour of free range a day, split into half an hour morning and evening to help keep him moving as much as possible and all our free ranging is done in the bathroom (the safest room for us), where we have a vinyl floor. My concern is that with the floor feeling quite rough to the touch, will he make his feet sore with all the shuffling about he's doing?

Thank you :)
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

starstar

Re: HLD legs and flooring for free range

Post by starstar » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Ours free range in the bathroom also. We have that vinyl flooring with the little raised bumps, Mario never got sore feet while he was bumbling about, now Loki is starting to shuffle also. Just keep a check on him after each session. x
Ferret mum to..
Millie, Eddie, Riffraff & Fizzgig, Baloo, Dillon, Rupert, Pookie, Rosie, Buck, Kira, Louis and Lilly "Of the Clan Macphearson"
Dearly departed Mario and Taz, Luigi and Loki x forever in our hearts ratty babies x
Departed Ferret babies: Milo & Sam

ElizabethW

Re: HLD legs and flooring for free range

Post by ElizabethW » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm

Thank you Starstar :)
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

Return to “Habitat”