Quality of Life Advice Please

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
[cub]

Re: Quality of Life Advice Please

Post by [cub] » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:32 am

I'm so sorry. It does sound like you and the vet did everything you could, but there was probably something more severe than just heart issues going on, and those sorts of ailments can be difficult if not impossible to treat in a rat. :(
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32); Zephyr Nyahir; Zephyr Zymandis; Zephyr Blasto.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger "Edgeworth"; Din (NLA28); Zephyr Donovan "Phoenix"; Xeltan; Lita (NLA32); Lia (NLA28); Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28); Falere (NLA36); Mirala (NLA36); Zephyr Opold; Rila.

Lizzie47

Post by Lizzie47 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:51 am

Thank you. I'm gutted I've lost them both, and that I watched The Governor die but this morning I'm feeling a bit more grateful that I was there to stroke him and hopefully comfort him a bit and he wasn't alone without Negan for long.

I'd arranged to buy some younger boys for company but we've made the decision to have a break from rats, they already have a second home lined up anyway. Negan and The Governor (from a registered breeder) had no illnesses right up till the end but the majority of my rats have suffered illnesses which are upsetting to watch before they were PTS/passed away and it's too heartbreaking atm. I've only had 2 pass away at home without being poorly.
Negan and The Governor :love: Playing at the bridge: :dumborainbow: Honey, Treasure, Theodore, Blu, Daryl, Rick, Hershel and Glenn :hearts:

hjanders

Post by hjanders » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:54 am

Hi, I’m so sorry for your loss of The Governor, especially so close to Negan. But like you say, he wasn’t alone for too long. May the pair of them run free together.

Look after yourself,
Helen x
Luna, Maggie, Tutsie, Fizzie and Pip
Never to be forgotten: Nelle, Me-Me, Popcorn, Trixie, Paws, Tica, Bella and Doris ❤️

Return to “Health”